Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Ah, The Power of Art

Art is the queen of all sciences, communicating knowledge to all the world."
Leonardo Da Vinci

Art is a connection to our past, a snapshot of our present reality, and a means to our future. I am determined to help people understand the importance of the arts! Art is a uniting commonality among all people regardless of age, gender, or race. All people have a need to create and must learn to appreciate the beauty that surrounds them. Wether that beauty lies in a painting, a sculpture, a building's facade or on the faces of their loved ones. We are a visual society. We must educate our children and society to look for meaning in the images we see and to decipher the information that an image conveys. We must also teach children to communicate efectively through images as well as words, after all a picture is worth a thousand words. This is my attempt share my knowledge, skill, and perceptions of art and life with my students, and society to help them become independant, motivated, curious, learners who are determinede to be their best and infect all those around them with the same need for knowledge. I look forward to sharing my ideas, art and inspirations with you. Join me on my journey!


Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
Scott Adams

No comments: